Lone Car on Side of Highway; Red Flag Fluttering From Side Window

Mea culpa. Mea maxima culpa.

You know, when you start a new blog, probably one of the last things you want to do is write a few posts within a short span of time and then go completely radio-silent for months on end. So when I started up this blog and wrote some posts right away, I should have anticipated that something would come along to disrupt my momentum. And so it did.

As it happens, this semester has been far more involved than I'd anticipated, and I've had much less downtime than I normally do. This isn't to say I'm complaining -- at least not exactly. Several things have gone pretty well, so it's not as though there's been a big setback or anything. But, still, less free time means fewer of these blog posts. I wanted to write this short post to lay out my plan for future posts, as I'm hoping that I'll soon have at least a little more time and can keep up with my intended schedule for new posts.

Future posts will largely center on a handful of "series," that I've got in mind. Here's a quick run-down of them.
  • Sentinels of Strange Aeons Campaign Analyses -- This is simply more of what I've already started: each lengthy post breaking down and assessing an individual session of my long-running and recently concluded Call of Cthulhu campaign set in Philadelphia in 1920.
  • RPG R&D -- A new series in which I explore and discuss all aspects of a new RPG that I'm in the process of designing from the ground up.
  • The RPG Tasting Menu -- The next endeavor for one of my gaming groups (the one that recently finished the CoC campaign) in which I run them through a variety of one-shot adventures for RPGs that we've not yet played. These posts will act as both a kind of post-mortem for the sessions, as well as my review of the games themselves.
  • A Die for All Sessions -- This will be a shamelessly self-indulgent series of posts in which I take the reader on a tour of my dice collection and the odd, idiosyncratic opinions and beliefs that inform its growth.
  • GM Shakedown -- A new trial series in which I record the audio of a conversation between myself and another GM as we discuss and dissect a pre-chosen topic relating to RPGs. Because I'm smart enough to know I couldn't successfully produce a full podcast, this is the next best thing. 
So keep your electronic, RSS-fed eyes on this space and I will try my very best to release some posts in a more timely and regular fashion.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment